Saturday, April 04, 2009

Remembered my password! WOOT!

OK, so part of the reason I haven't posted here in forever is because I forgot my password and then the whole integrate-blogger-into-your-google-account thing screwed things up (had a different password on my gmail account). I am still alive, this project just got put on big time hold due to family stuff going crazy (in-laws got laid off and moved in with us, bought a house around the same time I got pregnant with kid #2, my health went to crap, and still adjusting to inlaws living under the same roof). I've started writing on this again, but I'm not going to post it here anymore (particulary because I'm writing scenes that happen in various parts of the story and give too much away if posted, not to mention are confusing as heck to anyone who doesn't know the whole story line as planned). I have a domain name for myself - sofiaomoore.com - and now I'm going to have to decide if I'm going to blog here or there (or point that to here) but I will be blogging again. Likely there. I'll see if I can get it to cross-post here tho.

The story is at least double the length it was the last time I posted here (possibly 3x, I haven't actually done a full word-count, but I wrote 2000 words in one day last week and I suspect that right there doubled the word count total). I'm setting a target date to get the first draft done of July 28th of this year (2009), though if I get really ambitious that may include at least a short story of Apollo's perspective during the same time period as major points of this story.

I seem to be writing in 700-800 word chunks, for the record. I write whatever scene the voices in my head allow me to write when I have a few spare moments to write around the kids needs (I'm a full-time mom). I don't get a chance to write that much every day tho I try, and sometimes I wind up writing something else (like poetry or a thesis) instead.

I'm also now on Facebook and Twitter for those who might like to follow me through this process in those venues (my Twitter account is feeding into my Facebook one, so you don't have to follow on both if you don't want to). These links should get you to each profile - Facebook and Twitter

No comments: